Even the smallest of get-togethers in your patio can go from midday to midnight. When the night arrives, and the sun disappears, you’ll need something to light up the patio.
Here’s where the best patio umbrella lights enter into action. Attached to a patio umbrella, these lights are among the most practical you can get to illuminate your favorite areas.
At A Glance: Our Top 5 Picks for Patio Umbrella Lights
- AMIR Cordless Patio Umbrella Light – Our Top Pick
- OYOCO Patio Umbrella Light
- TOTOBAY Patio Umbrella Lights
- HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light
- CREATIVE DESIGN Patio Umbrella Light
After installing one of these, even the longest of reunions can become an all-nighter. You can use them pretty much for anything, going from reading books to playing card games under an umbrella. Either way, you’ll want the right one. Below, we review some of the best – check them up!
7 Best Patio Umbrella Lights Reviews in 2022
Finding an umbrella light for your patio may seem like an easy deed at first. But once you step into the market and see the many different options available, you’ll realize it’s not.
To save you the trouble of searching and choosing, we reviewed the seven best lights we found. Here’s what we discovered about each:
|AMIR Cordless Patio Umbrella Light||• Sturdy ABS construction|
• Decently bright for any purpose
|OYOCO Patio Umbrella Light||• Has a sufficiently bright LED system|
• Adjusts tightly to almost any pole
|TOTOBAY Patio Umbrella Lights||• Boasts different lightning intensities|
• Has a high-quality ABS shell
|HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light||• Light up in 16 different colors|
• Boasts a White or Grey plastic shell
|CREATIVE DESIGN Patio Umbrella Light||• Clamps tightly to poles of up to 1.0 inches|
• Offers up to 300 lumens of brightness
|LUXSWAY Patio Umbrella Light||• Comes with remote operation at up to 26 feet|
• Has 16 colors for any situation
|INKEER Patio Umbrella Light||• Lasts over 10 hours with one charge|
• Surprisingly affordable for the quality
1. AMIR Cordless Patio Umbrella Light
- Supreme Quality Umbrella Light - Made of high quality and durable ABS material, built with 24 powerful big LEDs, it gives off light at 12000 lux, bright enough for you to gather around in the patio for a party, or chatting with neighbors and friends
- 3 Modes & 2 Independent Switches - 3 modes for brightness: Low (Inter 4 LED bulbs), Medium (Outer 20 LED bulbs), High (All 24 LED bulbs), these modes are operated by 2 switches; Black one for Dim, white one for Low
Tired of lights that break after a month or two of usage? If that’s the case, you’ll love the AMIR umbrella light.
Thanks to uniquely sturdy construction and quality LED bulbs, it can provide over 50,000 hours of use. The ABS plastic body, for example, will prevent damage from the sun as well as slight humidity.
On top of outstanding durability, the light offers more-than-decent illumination. At 400 lumens with its High setting and 200 lumens with its DIM setting, it is more than enough for most areas.
You’ll be glad to know it is a rechargeable piece. Using AA batteries, you can charge it for a few hours to obtain over 18 hours at a High setting and over 50 hours at DIM.
Lastly, you can change different lighting modes depending on your needs. On top of the DIM that uses 8 LEDs and the Bright that uses 20 LEDs, you can also use the 28-LED Super Bright mode for extra illumination.
With a straightforward clamp system, using this patio umbrella light will be a piece of cake.
2. OYOCO Patio Umbrella Light
- 1.3 brightness Mode--press once for 4 LED lights(Dim),press twice for 24 LED lights(Bright), or press three times for 28 LED lights(Super Bright).Suit your need for different brightness on different occasions.
- 2.Convenient--No need for extra tools,easy to clamp to your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp,also can be hung anywhere using the two hooks,pole mounted,fit poles with a diameter of approximately 0.86'' to 1.81''.
You won’t find any light cheaper than this OYOCO’s model. Costing less than half of what others cost, this quality light still manages to perform excellently.
It starts with the color options. Available in Warm White and Cool White, you get the chance to pick what matches your patio better.
Alongside different color options, you can enjoy the 28-LED system. It is bright enough to provide over 200 lumens at its Bright mode. You can also use the DIM mode for 100 lumens and the Super-Bright system for 300 lumens.
No matter the mode you’re using, the light is one of the most efficient out there. Using 4 AA batteries, it can last over 12 hours, offering continuous lighting, so you can enjoy any get-together from dusk to dawn.
And if all that wasn’t enough, you can still hook it up to poles as thick as 1.81 inches in diameter or as small as 0.86 inches. The practical clamp adjusts firmly to either for a safer experience.
3. TOTOBAY Patio Umbrella Lights
Get rid of difficult-to-install lights and get this TOTOBAY alternative. At 400 lumens when fully powered, it is more than enough to illuminate any place.
But it’s not about the brightness it offers, but the ability to provide different levels. You get 2 brightness modes (High and DIM). The High mode uses 28 LEDs in the light, perfect for maximum illumination in the darkest moments. But if you only need a bit of lighting, go for the DIM mode that uses 8 LEDs instead.
Following its brightness levels, you will get up to 18 hours at its highest. But if you use it with DIM mode, you can get over 54 hours with a simple charge. To get it fully powered again, you will only need 8 hours if it’s empty.
Let’s not forget, the best part about this light is the auto-adjust clamp. It works in poles going from 0.74 to 2.04 inches in diameter – making it a super-versatile choice.
Last but not least, it boasts an ABS shell that withstands almost any outdoor use. It offers pretty much everything you need.
4. HONWELL Patio Umbrella Light
- 2 MODES BRIGHTNESS PARTY LIGHT -- Two kind of switch operation by ON/OFF switch and 24 keys remote .This patio lighting has warm white light and 16 multi-color light. Perfect for outdoor use, camping tent, nightly leisure time and party decoration, atmosphere making etc..
- 16 COLORS CHANGING LED UMBRELLA LIGHT-- 20 super bright LED lighting and 16 colors changing light with high and low settings for outdoor activities: BBQ, camping, playing cards, or lie on your leisure chair to enjoy the romantic moonlight, create mood lighting with lover.
A patio umbrella light doesn’t have to be only warm or cool white. The Honwell light makes it clear that you can add 16 colors to the same light, making it more practical and fun to use.
These lights pair up with a 2-mode system, offering standard lighting or ultra-bright as you need. Either way, the light provides 20 LEDs that provide sufficient illumination for any purpose.
The exciting part, obviously, is the remote control. You can change the light color and the brightness level with a simple touch of a button. It lets you pick different lightning modes like Fade, Strobe, Flash, and Smooth to make it even better.
As for installation, you’ll need a pole going from 1.1 to 1.78 inches. And thanks to its White or Grey color, you can match it with pretty much any umbrella.
5. CREATIVE DESIGN Patio Umbrella Light
- 💒New Version Umbrella Light: The unique design with 32 LED’s produces 300Lumens max, which can meet your nighttime barbecue and outdoor party needs easily
- 💒USB Charger: Built-in rechargeable battery shielded by a high-quality thick black ABS shell. Comes with USB cable, creating convenience as it can charge portably with a power bank, laptop, or a wall charger
One of the smallest alternatives, the Creative Design light comes in a 6.3-inch diameter design that doesn’t take much space in your umbrella. More importantly, it still manages to offer a sufficiently-bright light.
At 300 lumens in its Super Bright mode, it can illuminate almost any area without drawbacks. If you add the 100-lumen Bright mode, it becomes a more efficient yet still bright tool to use.
Among the different things that set it apart, you can find the USB-charging system. In contrast with other lights, this one is entirely wireless and battery-free. Only need to charge when it drains off for about 8 hours. It can offer over 12 hours of continuous operation when fully charged.
Adding up the 32 LEDs and the quality ABS build, you can expect it to last a lifetime. To make it even better, it’s a piece of cake to install with the clamping system that fits 0.8-inch up to 1.9-inch poles.
6. LUXSWAY Patio Umbrella Light
- ☀️ Soft 16 Colors Changing Light for Umbrella-- 250 Lumens, 20 super bright LED lighting, 3000K warm white light. it fit for outdoor BBQ activities,camp light.
- ☀️ 4 Modes Dimmable Light for Patio -- Warm white and 16 RGB colors .it has different modes : flash,strobe,smooth,fade to function for nightly leisure time
Coming back with extra-practical models, we now find the LUXSWAY’s. It is an excellent light with 20 LEDs that provide warm white at 3000K. Yet, it can also be set to other colors.
The system offers 16 different tones, so you can pick whatever matches the mood. Offering 250 lumens with each is more than enough to meet even the highest standards.
As for modes, you can enjoy the Strobe, Smooth, Fade, and Flash lightning. Either way, you control it all through the remote – an utterly practical addition.
Last but not least, it works in umbrella poles going from 1.1 to 1.78 inches in diameter. It adjusts automatically for an easier install.
7. INKEER Patio Umbrella Light
- ★3 lighting Modes - press once for 4 LED lights(Dim), press twice for 24 LED lights(Bright), press three times for 28 LED lights(Super Bright).You can always find the suitable brightness for you!
- ★Easy to install - No need for extra tools, easy to clamp to your umbrella with the built-in auto adjustable strong clamp,also can be hung anywhere using the two hooks, pole mounted, fit pole size from 0.86 inch to 1.81 inch in diameter.
Don’t want to waste a single cent? Get a super-affordable light that still gets the job done. That’s what the INKEER light offers.
Boasting 24 LEDs, it offers 3 lightning modes (Bright, Super Bright, and DIM). The Super Bright uses all the LEDs, the Bright mode uses 20 LEDs, and the DIM mode only uses 4 LEDs.
Regardless of the mode you use, the light is energy-saving and efficient, offering up to 24 hours of constant operation at its lowest level and up to 10 hours at its brightest.
The light is a no-brainer to install too, offering a versatile clamp that goes on 0.71 and 1.81-inch poles. And because each LED can last 100,000 hours – you can expect it to stay for years in the same pole with no problem.
What to Consider when Buying Patio Umbrella Lights
There are tons of various factors that set all these lights apart from each other. If you want to pick the ideal one, you’ll have to know how to tell them apart. Once you learn, choosing the light that best fits your demands will be a lot easier. Here’s what to consider:
How bright do you need the light to be? For illuminating under an umbrella (chairs, table, etc.), you probably don’t need more than 400 lumens. Anything higher than that would be a bit overdone. It also depends on the size of the area and the activity you want to perform.
For example, general activities like conversations and playing cards don’t demand much brightness (from 200 to 400 lumens). But if you’re doing some writing or reading, then higher lumens will be ideal (anything between 400 and 1000 lumens)
Light Color (Temperature)
Another significant factor that you can’t dismiss is color. You may think that umbrella lights are all the same white. But that would be wrong.
Some of them are yellowish (warm whites), while others are whitish (cold whites). This is called the temperature of the light, and it’s measured in Kelvins (K). For example, 3000K means warm white. And 5000K light means cold white.
You don’t have to stick with warm or cold white, though. Some lights offer different color options like blue, green, red, yellow, and even purple. The more colors the light provides, the more practical it will be (and fun to use!).
Once you’ve figured out brightness and color, focus on the modes it offers. This often changes the intensity of the light. For example, most lights offer DIM, Bright, and Extra-Bright modes (or anything similar). This can be useful for different situations where you don’t need the light to be full throttle.
Along with brightness levels, you may also want to consider lighting options, like strobing, flashing, fading, and so on. These lighting modes can help you set the mood depending on the situation.
Don’t forget to think about the way the light is powered. Most of them come with rechargeable batteries. But you may also have to pick
Installation & Ease of Use
Most umbrella patio lights attach directly to the umbrella pole. The light typically detaches in two parts, and you need to piece it up around the pole.
As for usage, you’ll find various options to consider. For example, some come with simple switches to turn the lights on and off. But others come with multiple-option switches, allowing you to pick the light mode you prefer.
And in some cases, the light comes with its own remote control. These models generally have more options like light color changes, lightning modes, and so on. Of course, the advantage comes from the ability to operate the light from afar.
Construction & Durability
And if you want a light that can handle the constant use and outdoor environments, go for models with sturdy construction. This means a quality ABS or metallic build that prevents sun rays damage and withstands a bit of moisture.
As for durability, it’s vital to pick high-quality LEDs. An outdoor light like this shouldn’t last any less than 30,000 hours of total usage. Anything lower than (unless extremely affordable) can be a waste of money.
How to set up a patio umbrella light?
Setting up a patio umbrella light doesn’t take much of an effort. Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Get the light out of the box once it arrives. Check whether it uses a standalone battery or several batteries at once. Install the batteries accordingly.
- Once the batteries are in, check that the light turns on. Look for the switch or control and turn it on. If the light turns on, then it is ready to be installed.
- For the installation, you typically only need to detach the light in two parts. Then place the light around the umbrella pole you want to install it on. Once in place, re-attach the two parts.
- Make sure the middle clamp of the light attaches firmly to the pole. You may need to check whether the pole is thick enough for the light (look for diameter limits).
- Once the light is in place, you can then turn it on. The light should illuminate the area under the umbrella. Check that every mode and/or function works correctly. If yes, then you’re done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What color should you pick for an umbrella light?
There’s no recommended color to pick for your umbrella lights. However, it’s always worth choosing generally acceptable tones like warm or cold white instead of blue, yellow, red, orange, or green. Why? Because whites are way more comfortable to eyesight and allow for higher brightness.
Are patio umbrella lights waterproof?
No. Most of these lights can withstand light rain and a bit of outdoor moisture. But they’re not built to get wet or submerged consistently. Some expensive models (like solar lights) may offer this feature, though. But their price is a lot steeper than the typical patio umbrella light.
Do umbrella lights attract bugs?
Yes. Like any other light, Umbrella lights produce a brightening glare that insects feel attracted to at night. This can be problematic in places where bugs thrive, like beaches and tropical areas. To minimize this drawback, it’s always worth using a dimmer light tone.
Getting the best patio umbrella lights can be a game-changer. You won’t have to worry about the night taking away the light of day and making your get-togethers a bother.
So, are you ready to take your patio experience to the next level? Get one of these lights now! You won’t regret it.