Few things are as fun as jumping around in a pogo stick. The games and activities you can get into with one are endless. And it gets even better when you add friends or relatives, ensuring hours of fun.
To enjoy this type of experience, however, you’ll need the best pogo stick. And if you haven’t bought one of these before, it can be a slightly complicated experience.
But don’t worry. We’ll walk you through a brief yet helpful guide on how to pick the right one. More importantly, we’ll show you the best ones you can choose. Take a look!
7 Best Pogo Sticks in Reviews in 2023
When researching, we found so many different pogo sticks to consider that we got overwhelmed. But despite that, some of them stood out. These were the ones we reviewed. Here’s what to know about them:
|Razor The Foldable Gogo||• Has a super-sturdy build|
• Handles almost any adult
• Delivers comfort & convenience
|NSG Flight Premium Performance||• Offers top-notch stability|
• Can handle a lot of weight
• Produces a super-fun bounce
|New Bounce Sports Pogo Stick for Kids||• Has an extremely safe build|
• Fits most children perfectly
• Works as a beginner pogo stick
|Think Gizmoz XN012 Aero Advantage||• It is super-strong for its size|
• Comes in various fun colors
• Has an extra-safe rubber tip
|Geospace Air Kicks Jumparoo Boing! Junior||• The springs are safeguarded|
• Can handle most children
• Boasts comfy & grippy handles
|Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper||• Comes with super-fun designs|
• Boasts an extra-safe foam bottom
• Withstands up to 250 pounds
|Click n’ Play Foam Pogo Jumper||• Has an elastic bungee stick|
• The bottom foam lasts a lifetime
• Comes with fun LEDs
1. Razor The Foldable Gogo
- A new twist on an old classic
- Features a fully enclosed spring system with low-friction bushings
There’s no better alternative. If you want to pick the best and only the best, nothing will meet The Foldable Gogo from Razor.
The Gogo is a classic among pogo sticks. This one comes with a twist: it folds. This combines the traditional Gogo’s fantastic construction with a bit of practicality, making it a portable toy.
Its comfort level is not to dismiss. The soft-foam grips are incredibly comfy, preventing pain and discomfort even after years of use.
But it’s not only about that. The Gogo can even handle an adult with an aircraft-grade aluminum frame. It also offers fantastic bounce with an enclosed spring system. And with the low-friction bushings, the pogo jumps for a lifetime.
What parts fold about it? The footrests and the handlebars. In contrast with other pogo sticks, this one lets you store and pack the pogo with relative ease. At only 6.25 pounds, it weighs little as well, ensuring effortless carrying.
To make it even more convenient, it boasts replaceable footpads. Once the original ones wear out, you can buy new ones separately and install them.
- Has a super-sturdy build
- Handles almost any adult
- It’s surprisingly portable
- Delivers comfort & convenience
- It’s a bit expensive
2. NSG Flight Premium Performance
- EXPERTLY DESIGNED POGO STICK: Combining the classic form for traditional bouncing with new-age function, the NSG Flight Pogo Stick is the choice for pogo jumpers everywhere!
- SPORT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE: Perfect for casual jumpers, but powerful and durable enough for aspiring Xpogo athletes looking for a higher bounce, flatland precision, and bigger air tricks.
Another high-quality pogo that can withstand children and small adults is the Flight Premium Performance from NSG. With strength and a superior bounce, it stands out among its competition.
Whether you’re getting it for yourself or for children, you’ll find the superb bounce it offers to be mind-blowing. A smooth-action spring with progressive operation increases the bounce exponentially, regardless of your weight.
Having said that, the stick weighs barely 6 pounds. However, it can withstand up to 180 pounds without problems.
For an extra touch of durability, it comes with a Low-Friction Spring Technology. As you may guess, it reduces the wear on the springs, even though they’re already industrially rugged.
This is possible thanks to a set of high-end pieces, including a steel piston and a welded diamond footplate. Even the co-molded rubber grips ensure a more durable pogo stick.
On top of all that, it feels stable and super-safe. If you want to replace the Sphere tip for extra safety and stability, that’s totally possible. In short, this pogo stick is as complete as you can expect.
- Its springs can last a long time
- Offers top-notch stability
- Can handle a lot of weight
- Produces a super-fun bounce
- It’s way too stiff for children
3. New Bounce Sports Pogo Stick for Kids
- Perfect for Smaller Kids - Designed for younger kids, the Pogo Stick has a weight limit of 40 to 80 Lbs. The fun colors enhance the hours of possible fun.
- Easy-Grip Foam Handles And Frame - Added for your comfort and safety, the foam coating provides a great cushioned grip for the pogo stick.
Starting with the children’s pogo sticks, we find the New Bounce. As simple as its name sounds, this pogo stick gets the job done for children, being comfortable and super-safe for almost any child.
It all starts with a weight capacity of 40 to 80 pounds. Children of up to 9 years can use it safely and comfortably. A combination of an aluminum frame with foam coverage makes this possible.
The handles come with easy-grip foam, and even the footpads are non-slip, so you can rely on the pogo, whether jumping on concrete or grass. Regardless of how wildly children play with it, the pogo will not cause any damage.
Interestingly, it comes with a wide stance. This makes it a no-brainer for kids of all ages to learn how to use it. And what’s even better, it increases the safety of the piece by preventing unwanted jumps around.
As for durability, the foam gets almost all the job done, preventing rust and damage from impacts. And with the replaceable footpads, you’ll have no problem switching them when necessary.
- Has an extremely safe build
- Fits most children perfectly
- It’s superbly comfortable
- Works as a beginner pogo stick
- Its short handles reduce grip
4. Think Gizmoz XN012 Aero Advantage
- ✔️ AWESOME DESIGN: Super fun pogo stick for kids ages 5 to 10 years old. This high performance pogo stick is one of the best hopping toys for kids aged 5 and up or who weigh 40lbs-90lbs (18 kg to 36 kg). Get your kids outside exercising on this cool pogo stick. Helps build leg and core muscle, is brilliant helping with balance and looks awesome too.
- ✔️ SAFETY FIRST: The Aero Advantage pogostick for kids from Think Gizmos is made to rigorous safety standards and comes complete with non-slip pedals and a safety foam handle. For safety reasons, kids should always use a helmet, elbow and knee pads (not included) when using pogo sticks.
A quality pogo stick for a quality bouncing time, the XN012 will make any dull afternoon into an entertaining one. And make no mistake, it still manages to last a lifetime.
For a decent cost, Think Gizmoz comes with the Aero Advantage as a high-strength option, specifically designed to increase bouncing capacity while handling several years of use.
The design is for kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years. It can handle as much as 90 pounds, and it requires about 40 pounds to bounce correctly.
As long as the child is within this weight limit, the pogo stick should bounce safely and effortlessly. The Low-Friction Spring Technology also ensures a quiet and smooth performance for extra pleasure.
As for comfort, it offers padded handles and a covered shaft. Together, they prevent damage to hands and bodies when using. And with the anti-slip footpads prevents unwanted slippage. Don’t forget the rubber tip in the bottom, long-lasting to deliver excellent bounce over time.
On top of all that, you can choose between 4 color options to match your kid’s preferences.
- It is super-strong for its size
- Comes in various fun colors
- The springs last for years
- Has an extra-safe rubber tip
- The tip wears out quickly
5. Geospace Air Kicks Jumparoo Boing! Junior
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Our Junior addition to the Jumparoo BOING! family of Pogo Sticks has a high quality gloss paint finish, decals, and colors making it the coolest POGO on the market; our metal spring is completely encased within a steel housing tube for additional safety.
- SAFE JUMPING - Just like on skateboards, we use durable non-slip grip tape on the foot pegs for use in any environment; NO rubber that tears, falls off or gets slippery when wet. Our rugged rubber Pogo "foot" provides superior safety and bounce.
Get an old design from a classic brand like Geospace, but with a renewed design perfectly oriented for children. The Jumparoo Boing! Junior offers everything your child could need from a pogo stick, boasting features from traditional pogos.
It all starts with a gorgeous design, a high-gloss paint, and a cool BOING! logo in the shaft and footpads that stands out. Available in purple and green, it works for pretty much anyone.
At 36 inches tall, this stick fits almost any child from 4 years up to 10 without problems. And because it’s made of high-quality metal, it can handle 50 to 90 pounds without issues.
Regardless of the kid’s age, it will be utterly comfortable. A set of foam grips and non-slip pads ensure a safe and pain-free experience. Paired up with the rugged rubber foot, it can bounce for years to come without ever slipping.
Last but not least, it has a metal spring enclosed with steel housing. This combination makes it possible for the pogo stick to prevent any spring damage even after years of use.
- The springs are safeguarded
- Can handle most children
- Boasts comfy & grippy handles
- Provides a stable jump
- Feels stiff for children under 60 pounds
6. Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper
- Boing, boing, squeak! The My First Flybar foam pogo stick is hours of healthy, bouncy fun. Crafted from durable foam, this is an ideal first pogo stick for kids; each jump makes a fun squeaky sound
- Use anywhere: We’ve designed our kids jumper for indoor and outdoor use, and unlike inferior jumping toys, this pogo jumper for kids is made to last! A great boys or girls toy for ages 3 and up
Giving your toddler an energy-draining toy is always a great idea. This pogo stick from Flybar is the perfect choice for that.
My First Flybar is a pogo jumper that matches any 6-year-old or younger. Toddlers that can withstand sitting calmly will love a way to put all their energy to work. More importantly, the pogo stick works as an excellent exercise, giving the chance to train their motor skills, including balance and leg control.
But this is only possible with a unique construction boasting high-density foam as the bottom part that bounces. The stick comes with a solid bungee cord that withstands heavy use. And the handles are entirely made of foam, ensuring comfort for your toddler’s hands.
The main advantage comes from a smooth and wide bottom, making it impossible for the stick to damage any kind of floor. And sure enough, it bounces with maximum stability every time.
If all that wasn’t enough, the pogo stick squeaks. When the child jumps, it makes a squeaking sound that adds up to the fun.
- Comes with super-fun designs
- Boasts an extra-safe foam bottom
- Makes entertaining squeaky sounds
- Withstands up to 250 pounds
- Doesn’t bounce in grass
7. Click n’ Play Foam Pogo Jumper
- Hours of Bouncing Fun: Your kids will be hopping around the house for on their Click N’ Play foam Pogo Jumper!
- Squeaks With Every Hop: Each Pogo jumper has dual squeakers and flashing LED lights making jumping time more fun!
For those who want to go affordable but effective, nothing will match their needs like the Foam Pogo Jumper from Click n’ Play.
It is an absolute bargain, considering it is so long-lasting and fun to use for children. Ideal for kids aged 4 to 9 years, this pogo stick is almost entirely made of foam. It can be an excellent addition to any child’s toy box for years, from the handles to the stretchable shaft.
The exciting part is that despite being made almost entirely of foam, it can handle upwards of 250 pounds. That makes it useful for even the parents who want to try them for a bit.
Another exciting feature comes from the flash LED lights on the handles. And for a bit of extra fun, the bottom foam squeaks with every jump.
There’s probably nothing to hate about it. Considering how cheap it is, there’s almost no chance you’ll regret it.
- Has an elastic bungee stick
- The bottom foam lasts a lifetime
- Comes with fun LEDs
- It is amazingly affordable
- The bounce is limited
What to Consider When Buying a Pogo Stick
There’s no reason to buy a pogo stick you don’t like. Even worse, you don’t want to end up with a pogo stick that doesn’t match your demands. That’s why we made the following guide, to show you all the factors to consider before picking a pogo stick (and prevent any issue later on!):
Size & Fit
First and foremost, who’s going to use the pogo stick? This will give you a clearer idea of how large you need it to be.
Generally, teen and adult pogo sticks are over the 42-inch range. But if it is for kids, about 36 inches would be enough. And for toddlers, you won’t like to get over 28 inches.
The general rule is to get a pogo stick where the handles meet with the user’s hips. This should be ideal whether you’re picking for adults, kids, or toddlers.
One big thing about pogo sticks is that they all have weight capacities. This is not only for how much they can handle but how little they need to start bouncing.
That’s why most pogo sticks for children, for example, start at about 40 pounds and end at about 90 pounds. For adults, on the other hand, weight ranges go from 80 to 200 pounds or so.
Before making your purchase, be sure the person who’s going to use it is within this range.
Shaft & Springs Quality
The shaft is probably the most essential part. With a higher-quality shaft, you can expect more years out of the pogo. Here, you should stick to heavy-duty metals like aluminum due to the lightness and sturdiness it offers. Other materials that stand out include heavy-duty plastics.
For the springs, however, nothing beats steel. If you want the pogo to last, you will choose the highest-quality springs possible. For higher durability, be sure the springs are enclosed or covered, preferably with a metal layer that prevents humidity from going in.
Bounce Tip or Foot
Most pogo sticks come with a rubber part bottom. This is the part that touches the ground without causing damage while still providing sufficient bounce. It should be grippy enough to work on grass, concrete, ceramic, and even wood without slipping.
This part must be completely non-slip. If you don’t go for a rubber tip, in the case of children’s pogo sticks, make sure it prevents slippages and increases stability. Foams with grippy bottoms are always excellent pogo bottoms.
Handles & Footpads
Whether it is for children or adults, it is vital that it feels soft on the hands. For that, nothing matches an excellent ole’ foam. Remember, the user will use the handle while jumping, so it needs to be soft enough.
Similarly, you want to pick a quality set of footpegs. Like the bottom tip, you want this part to come with a non-slip surface, so the user can jump around safely without slipping out of the stick.
Portability & Convenience
To put the cherry on the cake, you can pick a pogo stick with a few extras. This includes a portable design. Folding handles and footpads, for example, can offer this advantage.
Another worthwhile addition can be a replaceable set of pegs or handle foams. And if you want to go a step further, go for those you can replace the bottom tip on (this will give a lot more lifespan to the stick).
Is jumping on pogo sticks a sport?
It is not considered a sport per-se, but a type of extreme game. The game is actually called Extreme Pogo, commonly known as Xpogo. Like skating on boards and rollerblades, the game is focused on tricks and dangerously but boldly riding the toy.
How tall can you jump with a pogo stick?
It depends on the quality of the pogo stick. Professional pogo sticks, for example, can jump as high as 3 meters. But most simple pogo sticks, especially for children, can jump 1 or 2 feet at the most. It’s worth mentioning that the larger the pogo sticks, the bigger the springs will be, so the higher it will jump.
Are pogo sticks dangerous?
No. Pogo sticks for casual use, like the ones we reviewed above, are entirely safe. The primary danger they offer is a slight fall from a foot or two. But this rarely happens, as pogo sticks are safe to use, easy to manage, and almost always designed to prevent falls and slippages.
What muscles can you work out with a pogo stick?
If you want to try pogoing, you’ll be happy to know that it uses many of your muscles. The most used ones are the lower-back muscles, trapezius, and shoulders. With repetitive jumping and by trying tricks, you’d also be training your glutes and leg muscles.
Pogo sticks are for everyone who wants to try them. They’re super-fun, as you’ve learned, they can even be helpful to add a bit of exercise to your routine.
That’s why getting the best pogo stick is so important. Don’t hesitate to use our reviews and buying guide for a better decision.
Without much more to say, it’s time to take action. Get the pogo stick you find more amusing and start jumping (or let your child do so!).