Are you looking for a self-propelled mower that is easy to operate?
Have a look at the Troy-Bilt TB240!
It is a high-wheel self-propelled mower that comes with easy operation as the front-wheel-drive transmission is something that screams convenience! Hence, ensuring you don’t need to push it.
So, what are the other specifications and features of the Troy-Bilt TB240? Is it worth your money?
Get answers to all your questions related to the Troy-Bilt TB240 from this detailed review.
Bonus Read: 5 Best Mower for Uneven Grounds & Rough Terrains
Specifications of the Troy-Bilt TB240 Self-Propelled Mower
|Deck||21″ TriAction Cutting System & Integrated Premium Deck Wash|
|Engine||Briggs & Stratton 725EXi Series|
|Deck Height Adjustment||Dual-lever deck height adjustment|
|Starting System||Recoil w/ ACS|
|Drive System||Front-wheel self-propelled|
|Cutting Height Range||6 settings from 1.25″ – 3.75″|
|Discharge Type||3-in-1, side discharge, mulch, or rear bag|
|Fuel Capacity||1 qt.|
|Grass Bag Capacity||1.9 bushel|
|Handle Style||3-position height adjust|
|Oil||12oz 10W30 (included)|
|Shipping Weight||90 lbs|
|Wheels||8″ front, 11″ rear|
|Shipping Dimensions||39″(L) x 24″(W) x 17.75″(H)|
Features and Review of the Troy-Bilt TB240 Self-Propelled Mower
The Troy-Bilt TB240 self-propelled mower comes with the Auto Choke starting system, commonly known as the ACS.
I quite like this feature, as you don’t need to choke or prime the engine. All you need to do is pull the rope, and your mower will get started.
Do you have rough ground to mow?
Then the Troy-Bilt TB240 mower is what you should be looking for. It has high rear wheels, which are just perfect for mowing rough ground.
This mower’s Briggs & Stratton engine is high-quality and offers powerful performance.
Did I tell you that the Troy-Bilt TB240 is multi-functional?
You can use it for not one but three purposes. You can bag, mulch, and even side discharge with this mower. It means you can get all your garden work done in an easy and fast way. Isn’t that amazing?
The Pros of the Troy-Bilt TB240 Self-Propelled Mower
The following are what I like about this mower:
- It comes with a standard 1.9-bushel grass catcher
- It has an automatic choke system (ACS). This means you don’t need to prime the engine. Just pull the rope, and it will get started
- You get to adjust the height of the deck
- It has a durable mulching deck made of 21″ steel
- It features a premium deck wash, which makes the maintenance of this mower easy for you. All you need is to attach a standard garden hose to it when you want to remove clippings from the underside of the deck
- The cutting system of this mower is TriAction™ that is sure to make your garden or lawn look well-groomed and neat. The specialized blade, symmetrical deck, and the rake bumper work closely so that you get to have finely mulched clippings and a precise and even cut every time you use it
- The speed control is variable. So, you get to have improved control. Also, you can turn it faster
- It is a 163cc* Briggs & Stratton 725exi Series
- It is a 3-in-1 mower. You get a rear bag, you can mulch, and even side discharge with this single mower
- The high rear wheels are 11 inches offering you the ease to push over up hills and rough spots
- You get this mower with a limited warranty of 2 years
The Cons of the Troy-Bilt TB240 Self-Propelled Mower
I didn’t find any con as such. However:
- The price of this mower from the house of Troy-Bilt is about $319.99. Some may find it expensive
I have been using the Troy-Bilt TB240 Self-Propelled Mower for a very long time, and I quite like it. Only the price is on the higher side. But, don’t forget, this mower comes with three functionalities, which are not to miss. I give it 4 out of 5. Go for it!
You May Also Like to Read: 7 Best Mulching Lawn Mower