TreillageOnline.com is always committed to safeguarding your online privacy. Contact us if there are any problems or questions regarding the use of your personal data. We will gladly assist you in any way possible.
- Personal Data-This is any information that relates to an identifiable or identified normal person
- Processing-This is any operation or set of operations that is performed on sets of Personal Data or on a Personal Data
- Data Subject– This is a normal person whose Personal Data is being processed
- Child-Is an ordinary person who is under 16 years of age
- We/Us– Is TreillageOnline.com, (capitalized or not)
Data Protection Principles
We as TreillageOnline.com promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is fair, transparent and lawful. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. When it comes to Processing Personal Data, we always consider your rights and provide you with any information regarding Processing, upon request.
- Processing is always limited to the purpose. This means that our Processing activities often fit the purpose for which the Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is also done with minimal data. This means that we as TreillageOnline.com will only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited within a period. This translates to not storing your personal data for longer than needed.
- We at TreillageOnline.com will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to Information-This means that you always have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed in terms of the data being gathered, where it is being obtained, why and who is processing it.
- Right to Access-This often translates to having the right to access the data collected from and about you. It also includes your own rights to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data that has been gathered.
- Right to Rectification-This means that you have the right to request for a rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is incomplete or in every sense inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure-This means that in any given circumstance you can always request that your Personal Data be erased from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing-You have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data whenever you want or in some situations.
- Right to Object to Processing-You can also object the processing of your Personal Data in certain situations like in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing-This means that you have the right to object the automated Processing including profiling. As a result, you will not be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can always exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects that significantly concerns or affects you in one way or the other.
- Right to Data Portability-This means that as a user of this website you have the right to obtain Your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint– You have the right to contact us in case you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request. This is in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights to Access. Besides, we will provide you with reasons as to why we have denied the request.
- Right for the Help of Supervisory Authority-This means that you have the right to get help from a supervisory authority as well as the right for other legal remedies like claiming damages.
- Right to Withdraw Consent-You have the right to withdraw any given consensus for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data We Gather
The Information You Have Provided Us with
This is mainly information needed for delivering you a product or service to improve our relations as well as customer experience. They may include your name, e-mail address, billing address, home address among other personal contact information.
We often save the information you give us so that you can perform or comment on other activities on the website. This information usually includes your name and e-mail address.
The Information Automatically Collected About You
These are information automatically stored by cookies as well as other session tools. Some great examples include shopping cart information, shopping history, and your IP address among other related stuff you do online.
All these information are often used to improve your customer/user experience. Therefore, when you use our services or look at the content on our website, your activities will be logged.
The Information from Our Partners
We also gather information about you from our trusted partners but only after confirming that they have legal grounds to share the information with us. This can be information you have provided to them directly or information that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly Available Information
This means that we can gather information about you, as long as it is publicly available.
We also collect the following to ensure that each visitor to any of our websites can navigate and use the website effectively:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet
- Your login information, time zone setting, browser type, and version, browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- Information about your online visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators, (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website
In a bid to help detect spam on our website, we often collect data shown in the comment section, as well as the visitor′s IP address and browser user agent string.
An anonymous string that is created from your e-mail address also called a hash may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if it truly belongs to you and if you are using it. The Gravatar service is available on this link, https://automattic.com/privacy/.
After which we can approve your comment. After the approval, your profile picture will be visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you opt to upload any images to our website, then you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data, (EXIF GPS) included. This is because visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from the images on the website.
When we need to contact you, we may use the contact information on the form submission. We do not use any information submitted via contact form for any marketing purposes.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content, for example, videos, images, and articles just to mention a few. Embedded content from other websites always behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google AdSense and Amazon Advertising on our website.
Our website uses Google AdSense for:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies such as the Google Analytics cookies and third-party cookies such as the DoubleClick cookie or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party websites have separate and independent Privacy Policies.
Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
How We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data to:
- Provide our service to you, for example, this could be registering your account, as well as providing you with products and services that you have requested
- Improving your customer experience or user experience
- Improve our whole website for better service to you
- Fulfill an obligation under contract or law
- Provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest
- Ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure
- Personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- Manage any communication between you and us
As long as you have not informed us, we often consider offering your products/services that are similar to or the same as your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers from us and/or our carefully selected partners
- For other purposes, we have asked your consent for
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- Further Processing would not harm your interests
- There would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data?
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. However, in some cases Personal Data about you is provided to our trusted collaborates either to make it easier to provide the service to you when possible or to enhance your customer experience.
For example, we share your data with:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Associates
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. Furthermore, we might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure Your Data?
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We will use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We also monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We have what we believe are appropriate security controls in place to protect Personal Data. However, we do not have any control over what happens between your device and the boundary of our information infrastructure.
As a result, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate steps to safeguard your own information. We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. Our services do not target children.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work.
As for the cookies created by our website, only we can access it. You can control your cookies at the browser level. However, you should take note that choosing to disable cookies might hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary Cookies-These cookies do not collect any personal information and are only required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in.
- Functionality Cookies-These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient. This makes it easier and possible to provide more personalized features. For example, they might be useful in remembering your name and e-mail address in comment forms so you do not have to re-enter this information next time or every time you want to comment.
- Analytics Cookies-These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and its services.
- Advertising Cookies-These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. Moreover, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations like advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to website functionality provided by the other organization.
For example, if you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies often last for a year.
If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. You can also remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
If you turn cookies off, it will not affect your website experience.
Last modification was made September 17, 2018.