Lawns are the most admirable part of houses and commercial buildings. You can always find most people hanging out on lawns because peace is all about greenery. However, if you own a lawn, you must know that it requires a high level of maintenance.
Lawns are susceptible to many kinds of damage, be it due to extreme weather conditions or changes in the pH of the soil. These factors could affect the greenery of your lawn to a great extent.
However, a greater danger that lies ahead is the damage caused by insects and pests. Insects, pests, and worms destroy the growing space of your lawn, which you must get rid of Moreover, the weeds making their way to your lawn are also major black spots to be dealt with.
The solution to all these issues is to spray insecticides, herbicides, pesticides, and other chemicals according to the necessity of your lawn. However, if you have a grand lawn, spraying fertilizers or insecticides manually can be a daunting task.
Moreover, you can never be sure if the manual spraying is effective and covers all parts of your lawn. Not to forget the damage to skin manual handling of chemicals can do. Hence, sprayers can be your way out of it.
Sprayers come in numerous varieties, which you can opt for based on your lawn. However, tow behind sprayers are the most effective kinds of sprayers you can come across in the market.
Tow behind sprayers are the sprayers you can connect to your farm vehicle or an all-terrain vehicle (ATV). It makes the spraying job a matter of a few hours rather than stealing your complete day and makes the process highly efficient and effortless.
Tow behind sprayers come with a tank, pump, and spray boom to maximize your lawn’s spraying capacity. However, the type of tow behind sprayer you choose depends on the size and efficiency of these parameters.
Now that you might be confused regarding the tow behind sprayer, you must opt for your lawn, don’t fret. Here we have listed the best tow behind sprayers with the best features to help you make the right choice.
Our Top Recommendation
This 12-volt EZ tow dripless fertilizer sprayer from Chapin International is the best among its league, because of its powerful tank and high spraying capacity. Its pneumatic tires make the entire process smooth and effortless. Have you thought of purchasing this sprayer yet?
Top Tow Behind Sprayers
Below are the top 6 tow behind sprayers with the features and price, among which you can select the one that suits your lawn the best and the product that appeals to you the most.
|CHAPIN International Inc. 97600 15-Gallon, 12-Volt EZ Tow Dripless Fertilizer
|• 15 feet long hose
• Ease to filling and cleaning
• Better visibility of the amount of fertilizer left.
|NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
|• Highly durable 8 amps pump
• Large capacity tank
• Foldable arms and removable axles.
|Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
|• 1 GPM pump of industrial strength
• Eases storage
• Wide opening and a large neck
|Homestead 12 Gallon Spot & Broadcast Trailer Sprayer
|• Translucent polyethylene tank
• Adjustable spray gun
• High spraying capacity
|Chapin International 97400E Chapin 97400 25-Gallon, 12-Volt EZ Mount
|• Dual filtration system
• Mist to coarse stream
• Ease of cleaning
|Master Manufacturing SSN-01-015A-MM 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer, White
|• 15 feet rubber hose
• Drain port for better drainage
• Upgradation features with attachments
1. CHAPIN International Inc. 97600 15-Gallon, 12-Volt EZ Tow Dripless Fertilizer
CHAPIN international Inc. 97600 sprayer is the first tow behind sprayer, making it to our list of the best tow behind sprayers. It comes with exceptional features and high durability that makes it compatible with spraying all kinds of fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
CHAPIN international Inc. 97600 tow behind sprayer comes with a sturdy built tank. It has a capacity of 15 gallons with a pressure level up to 70 PSI. The tank construction of poly-trigger, shut-off material makes it highly durable. Moreover, the tank is UV resistant and compatible with all kinds of field chemicals without getting damaged.
This tow behind sprayer has a smart set-up for quick use. The tank has a 5-inch wide opening and a drain plug, making the sprayer easy to clean and fill with chemicals. Moreover, it has a dual filtration system with a 12-volt diaphragm pump that aces the sprayer’s performance.
High Spraying Capacity
CHAPIN international Inc. 97600 has a high spraying capacity. It comes with a 15 feet reinforced hose and a 7 feet coverage spray boom that results in a high-pressure stream. It can spray a wide area at once using its 38 feet vertical spray stream.
The best part about this tow behind sprayer is it comes with pneumatic tires that provide power to the sprayer on rough terrain, thus providing ease and convenience while spraying.
- It has a high-pressure level.
- It comes with pneumatic tires to sustain rough terrain.
- It has a UV resistant tank to handle all kinds of chemicals.
- It has plastic parts that are not long-lasting.
- Spray bar assembly might be difficult.
- It has a low tank capacity.
2. NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
NorthStar tow behind sprayer is another best sprayer you can have for your lawn. It comes with various uses when saving your lawn from pests and weeds.
NorthStar tow behind sprayer is built so that you can use it for various spraying operations on your lawn. It is efficient as a broadcast and spot sprayer as it can handle your lawn precisely and for wide coverage.
The NorthStar NSQ series pump is the best part about this tow behind sprayer. The pump is highly durable and powerful, with a maximum pressure of up to 70 PSI. It is a 12V 2.2 GMP pump that is highly efficient for easy priming and sustains rough and tough terrain and weather conditions.
This tow behind sprayer comes with an oversized tank sturdily built with a 100% heavy-duty steel cart. Hence, it provides you with a high pesticide holding capacity and proves resistant on rough terrain and against harsh chemicals. Moreover, you can find gallon marks on the tank to clearly understand the fluid level in the sprayer.
This tow behind sprayer has foldable features that make it easy to store during the off-season. You can retract the tow bar, fold the boom arms and remove the axle and the wheels to make it compact. While storage, it also saves much of the space in your garage.
- It has a high spray rate of up to 20 GPM.
- It is easy to store during the off-season.
- It is for precise and broadcast spray.
- It may be heavy to transport due to an oversized tank.
- Its valves may leak sometimes.
3. Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
Ironton tow-behind sprayer is one of the best sprayers available to spray lawns with pesticides. It is also suitable as a spot and broadcast sprayer for your lawn.
Adjustable Spray Gun
The unique aspect of this tow behind sprayer is its adjustable spray gun. It makes the sprayer suitable for several spraying tasks. You can adjust the stream to a cone-shaped, thus making it appropriate for both precise and broad spraying operations.
The 3/8 inches x 11 ft. hose of Ironton tow behind sprayer makes it a sprayer with a high spraying capacity. It has a PVC hose reinforced with a synthetic braided cord. It makes the hose highly durable and lightweight. Hence, this tow behind sprayer can spray up to 12 feet vertically and 20 feet horizontally.
This tow behind sprayer also comes with pneumatic wheels, making it highly resistant to tough terrain. The pneumatic wheels are 10 inches in size, thus making the sprayer highly convenient for towing.
Highly Resistant Pump and Tank
It has an Ironton pump with a capacity of 1 GPM. It is highly resistant to chemicals you use for spraying your lawn. The tank’s 13-gallon capacity is the same. It is highly UV resistant and friendly with all kinds of chemicals.
- Great broadcast width up to 40”.
- It works well with every sort of pesticide.
- It has an adjustable nozzle spray.
- You might face issues with the sprayer handle during rough weather conditions.
4. Homestead 12 Gallon Spot & Broadcast Trailer Sprayer
Homestead 12 Gallon tow behind sprayer might be the perfect choice for effectively spraying your lawn. It can be used in all kinds of lawns, small or medium, and for food plots.
Homestead spot and broadcast trailer sprayer come with a high-capacity tank of 12 gallons. Hence, you can fill it with more chemicals and need not refill it time and again. Moreover, the tank is made translucent with a polyethylene material that provides clarity for viewing the level of chemical left in the tank so you can know when to refill it.
This tow behind sprayer is constructed smartly and purposefully to offer maximum ease and convenience to the users. It has a screw-in tank lid that helps in filling the tank easily. In order to sterilize the sprayer after use, it also incorporates a back drain outlet. Moreover, the hook and loop hose strap helps keep the spray gun away from the ground for better performance.
You can also find a 12V wire harness containing an on-off switch so you can start and stop the tow behind sprayer at your convenience.
High Spraying Capacity
Homestead tow behind sprayer has a high spraying capacity due to its adjustable nozzle and hose of appropriate dimensions. Hence, it can spray precise areas up to 15 feet vertically and 30 feet horizontally. The 12 V 1.1 GMP pump also provides power to spray over a wide area and an 84″ broadcast spray swath.
You can easily store these tow behind sprayer due to their compact and foldable feature. Hence, you can keep its integrity intact during the off-season by tight or wall storage.
- Its compact design makes it easy to store during the off-season.
- It has a broadcast spray swath with a single deflector nozzle for spraying vast lawns.
- It has an adjustable spray gun for diverse spraying options.
- It might prove to be undersized.
- It might be a bit less powerful compared to other tow behind sprayers.
5. Chapin International 97400E Chapin 97400 25-Gallon, 12-Volt EZ Mount
Chapin International 97400E Chapin 97400 is the next item making it to our list of the best tow behind sprayers. It comes with the most appropriate features of the tow behind sprayer, thus making the job effective for you.
Chapin International 97400E sprayer comes with a high capacity and translucent tank. It has a capacity of 25 gallons to enhance the sprayer’s performance greatly. You need not refill the tank repeatedly and can spray a large area in one go. Moreover, its translucent nature clarifies the chemical level in the tank.
Easy to Disassemble
This tow behind sprayer is easy to disassemble due to its ergonomic shut-off feature. Hence, it provides ease and convenience in cleaning and storage of this tow behind sprayer.
Easy to Clean And Fill
This tow behind sprayer has a tank with a wide opening of up to 5 inches. The wide mouth makes it easy to fill with pesticides and fertilizers without spilling. Moreover, this feature and the drain plug make it simple to clean with effective drainage.
Various Spraying Options
You also get a wide range of spraying options with this tow behind sprayer. It is due to its adjustable poly nozzle, 18-inch spray wand, and shut-off feature. You can change the spray from stream to conical and spray your lawn at your convenience.
- It is easy to clean due to a wide mouth and drain plug.
- It is compatible with all kinds of common fertilizers and pesticides.
- It has a long hose to ensure high spraying capacity.
- It might prove a bit costly.
Read More About: 8 Best Gardening Shoes For 2022
6. Master Manufacturing SSN-01-015A-MM 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer, White
Master manufacturing SSN-01-015A is also a considerable choice in the best tow behind sprayers list. It is compatible with ATV and UTV, making your spraying tasks easy and convenient.
Highly Durable Tank
Master manufacturing SSN-01-015A-MM tow behind sprayers has a highly durable tank. All fertilizers, pesticides, weed killers, and other chemicals are acceptable with the tank, which is UV-resistant. Its polyethylene nature also enhances its performance to a great deal.
Best for Spot Spraying
This tow behind sprayer is the best option for spot spraying due to the type of nozzle and hose it contains. It can spot spray with a high capacity up to 18 feet vertically and 20 feet horizontally. The adjustable spray nozzle also aids in the process.
Easy to Fill and Clean
The fact that this tow behind spray nozzle is simple to fill and maintain is its best feature. It is mainly due to the wide opening and molded drain port that helps quickly drain leftover chemicals and water.
Though this tow behind sprayer is best suited for spot spraying, you can upgrade it to a broadcast sprayer with attachments from the master manufacturing boom and mounting kit.
- It is best suited to both ATV and UTV.
- It has options for attachment to upgrade it into the broadcast sprayer.
- It has a UV resistant tank for high durability.
- It does not come with in-built broadcast spraying options and needs upgrading.
Best Tow Behind Sprayer Buyer’s Guide
Now that you have the best tow behind sprayers list, you might wonder what factors make them the best. Hence, consider these aspects while purchasing a tow behind sprayer.
- Tank capacity: The most important issue to think about is tank capacity. It depends on the sort of spraying operation and the size of your lawn. Hence, you can select a tow behind sprayer with the appropriate gallon rating based on your task.
- Material: The material of the frame must be of high-grade steel construction when it comes to tow behind sprayers. You must also ensure a protective coating to prevent it from rusting. Besides the frame material, the tank material must also be durable. Usually, the tank materials are made up of polyethylene to ensure translucency and durability.
- Mounting kit: As you need to mount your tow behind sprayer on an ATV, you must check for the ATV mounting kit it comes with. It must be easy to assemble with proper instructions.
- Wheels: Pneumatic wheels of appropriate size are the best for a tow behind sprayer to sustain rough terrain. It highly affects the friction and vibration of the machine.
- Hose: The hose length has a major say in the spraying capacity. Hence, you must buy a tow behind sprayer with enough hose length to spray your lawn.
- Nozzles: Nozzles play an important role in the type of spraying task you can perform with a tow behind sprayer. Hence, you must select a product with an adjustable nozzle to change the stream as per the task.
- Pressure gauge: A pressure gauge shows you the pressure of the pump, which must be installed in the tow behind the sprayer you buy to clarify the pressure you must apply.
The lawn mower and sprayer must work together to spray the entire yard. So, your lawn mower has to pull the sprayer. Hence, tires are a necessity for a tow behind sprayer.
The broadcast sprayer helps you spray to a wider region with one spray, whereas a spot sprayer will only spray the liquid in a particular spot.
The primary thing is to clean the tow behind sprayer after every use. It sounds basic, but many gardeners forget the basics.
Spraying your lawn with pesticides, fertilizers, and weed killers is necessary to maintain its integrity in all seasons. A tow behind sprayer makes the job easy for you by acting as an attachment to farm vehicles. Hence, you can select the best tow behind sprayers from the list and add years of greenery to your lawn.
Meta: We know tow behind sprayers is necessary for gardening. But which ones to buy? Check out the list and reviews of the best tow behind sprayers in 2022.