Why hassle with a gasoline-powered lawn mower when you can buy a user-friendly and cost-effective electric lawn mower. Given the economy and the high price of gasoline, you are better off with one of this listed corded lawn mower.
Our top choice is this greenworks lawn mower because it has a 12 Amp powerful motor system and can easily tackle weeds. Besides, it requires very little assembly, which you can hack solo thanks to its user manual.
In addition, you can always adjust its height into seven different levels for easier lawn mowing at different surface levels. This corded lawn mower is very easy to use as well as maintain no hassles.
GreenWorks 25022 20-Inch 12-Amp
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
|VIEW ON AMAZONREAD REVIEWS →|
Earthwise 50214 14-Inch 8-Amp Mower
|VIEW ON AMAZONREAD REVIEWS →|
Greenworks G-MAX 10 Amp 17-Inch
|VIEW ON AMAZONREAD REVIEWS →|
Sun Joe MJ402E Mow Joe 16-Inch 12-Amp
|VIEW ON AMAZONREAD REVIEWS →|
Top 5: Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower Review
A corded electric lawn mower is best suited for small lawns, as their power cord can limit your distance coverage. Nonetheless, it can save you loads of money in terms of purchase, operation as well as ongoing maintenance, when compared to the pricier gasoline-powered lawn mowers.
Therefore, if you do not have a big lawn, you can consider purchasing one of these top-rated electric mowers, in this corded electric lawn mower reviews. They are easy to use, operate and maintain.
1. Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Corded Lawn Mower 25022
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
If you are looking for an electric lawn mower, then there is no better choice than this greenworks model. It comes at a fair affordable price, given its power and functionality level. Besides, it comes from a very reputable company, so you will not have any technical issues with it.
This greenworks lawn mower is very easy to set-up once it is out of its package. It can take up to 15 minutes to construct, as it requires minimal assembly. Besides, it has a very lightweight design that makes for easier maneuverability during use. This also makes it easier to operate by almost everyone.
Moreover, you can adjust its height, via its single lever system to any of its seven positions for an easier cut. The process is very easy and anyone in their right mind can do the adjustments without any problem.
Moreover, it has a very powerful 12 Amp motor system that can get rid of any grass or weeds. However, it can struggle a bit with mulching that is in wet grass, but not with small debris. Nothing can slow down this power machine be it small or big twigs, weeds, or grass.
This electric lawn mower is highly effective and is backed with a 4-year warranty on workmanship or defective parts. However, its battery is a bit limited to just 1-year of coverage. Nonetheless, it can function for the best of time, no technicalities
TOP 3 FEATURES
- Height Setting
You can now adjust the height of this electric mower as you see fit, in one of its seven different positions from 1.5-3 ¾ inches high. This way you get to mow easily on different surface levels, flat or uneven.
- Motor System
It features a very powerful 12 Amp motor system that can tackle the worst of weeds, grass and even small to big twigs. You just have to care for it and maintain it as stipulated by the manufacturer for continuous functionality.
This power machine can tackle small to medium sized lawns, but with a great reputable extension cord, it can handle larger yards too. Moreover, it has a 3-in-1 design for grass output and management that is mulching, rear bagging and side discharge. You can opt for any system of grass management.
2. BLACK+DECKER MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower, 20-Inc
- Push mower with 13-Amp motor for ample power in any overgrowth
- 20-inch 3-in-1 electric mower is great for mulching, bagging, and side discharge for multiple mowing modes
This cost-effective electric lawn mower is the best option for those with small to medium sized yards. It has a 3-in-1 mowing option that consists of a bagged option, side discharge, and mulching option. You can select either, as long as it is convenient for you.
This corded lawn mower is very easy to operate as well as maintain, thanks to its elaborate user manual. Besides, it requires very little assembly after which you can start it by pushing its starter button and pulling back its hand lever. The rest is easy if you are familiar with mowing, if not refer to its user manual on operation and functionality.
As for performance level, this 13-Amp electric lawn mower can easily chop down different kinds of grass, even the tall ones. Its mulch function is also very effective when it comes to slicing and dicing clippings into fine pieces.
You can also adjust its cutting height into seven different levels via its single lever pull system, from 1½ inch up to 4-inches high. Moreover, you can fold it afterward for a compact storage. This can be convenient for those with limited storage space.
It comes with a 13-gallon nylon bag for grass collection as well as a convenient user manual and the mower itself. You can always check its grass fill level via its nylon bag.
TOP 3 FEATURES
It features a safety shield to protect you from flying debris and stones that often shoot backward from its blade. Moreover, you should operate it with its safety shield and rear door attachments. This way you prevent your foot from coming in contact with its blade.
- EdgeMax Deck Design
This feature will allow you to cut your grass, up to the edges of the walls, flower beds, fence, garden, as well as trees. However, for effective use, always use it on the right side of the electric mower that is if you are using the side discharge mowing option.
- Ease of Maintenance
It is very easy to maintain this corded lawn mower. You just clean it up and keep its blade sharp for best performance. You can also check for any damages, breakages, as well as the alignment of moving parts. Nonetheless, its user manual can help you out, but it is all easy and straightforward.
3. Earthwise Side Discharge/Mulching Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- Powerful 8-Amp motor provides the power to cut all types of grasses; High efficiency motor for gas-like power
- Large 14" cutting width with single lever easy-change cutting height adjustment from 1.5"-4"; 5.5" front and 6.5" rear wheels for maneuverability
If you are looking for a small lawn mower with mulching capabilities, then here is a top contender. It is effective when it comes to grass cuts and very affordable. Its small nature makes it ideal for smaller lawns only.
Although this can be limiting for some, its top quality make and design makes it a highly favored option. You can use it for the better of time. Besides, its 8-Amp motor system just fits its functionality. So for better and long-term use, avoid using it in larger yards.
When it comes to operation, you can start it via its lever switch. You just slide its release button towards you. There is no push button here. After which, you can proceed to mow your lawn. As for safety during use, its rear flap will swerve flying objects away from you for safe mowing. Its start mechanism is also a great safety feature.
This corded lawn mower only does side discharge and mulching. Nonetheless, you can always adjust its height via a single lever, from somewhere between 1.5 inches to 4 inches. It is easy to make the adjustments as you are mowing, to cover different levels of surface area in your yard.
Moreover, this power device has a convenient cord holder attached just below its start mechanism. It is easy to use the cord holder, but if it all seems blurry. You can refer to its user manual.
TOP 3 FEATURES
- V-shaped Grip
This electric lawn mower features an ergonomic handle design that folds when needed, for better and compact storage. This grip handle is also cushioned for enhanced comfort during use.
- Better Mowing Capacity
When it comes to mowing, this electrical mower is highly praised for mowing in the shortest time possible, with a standing 3700RPM. You can attribute this speed to its powerful 8-Amp motor system that discharges better current on its blades.
It only weighs 36 pounds, making it highly portable when it comes to using and even storage. You can push it with ease, no matter your body size. In relation, it has 5.5-inch front wheels and 6.5-inch rear wheels, contributing to its lightness and ease in maneuverability.
4. Greenworks 17-Inch 10 Amp Corded Lawn Mower MO10B00
- Your purchase includes One Greenworks 17" 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, MO10B00 model
- Lawn Mower dimensions – 28.4” L x 15.75” W x 20.3" H | Wheels size – 7” and 8” | Cutting width – 17”
This corded lawn mower is the best thing that could ever happen to you. It does not come cheap but it is worth the cost given its functionality and long-term use. You can rely on its construction inwards and outwards to last for the better of time.
Moreover, it has a powerful motor system, 10-Amps that can quicken its grass cuts. Besides, its blade also plays a great role in ensuring that it spins faster and chops finer grass for a cleaner cut than before. It can handle small to medium sized lawns with ease.
In addition, it is very easy to maneuver and use. You can make use of its user manual for effective use, as everything is well elaborated and straightforward. You can never get lost, even if it is your first time using a lawnmower. In relation, you can always adjust its height within its 5-position setting, in order to be able to cut all types of grass.
This electric lawn mower is highly lightweight and portable, thus making it easy to carry to and from your work area. Besides, it has 6-inch front wheels and 7-inch rear wheels that add to its ease of portability and maneuverability during use. In relation, it has a versatile 17-inch deck.
Consequently, it features a 2-in-1 rear discharge and mulching capabilities for flexibility when it comes to grass management.
TOP 3 FEATURES
- Motor System
You can rely on its 10-Amp powerful motor for efficient grass cuts, no matter how tall they are. Besides, its blade also adds up to its efficacy by making finer and faster chops for a cleaner lawn.
This corded lawn mower has a compact lightweight design that makes it highly portable during use as well as storage. You can move it with ease, no strains to your body.
- Adjustable Height
You can adjust its height for better grass cutting within a range of 5/8-inches to 2-5/8 inches within its five adjustment positions. This way you get to cut different grass lengths easily, on different slopes or surfaces.
5. Sun Joe MJ402E Mow Joe 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Lawn Mower + Mulcher
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Tailor cutting height with 6-position manual height adjustment. Cutting heights include 3. 3, 2. 9, 2. 5, 2, 1. 6, and 1. 2 Inches
- EASY DISPOSAL: Detachable grass catcher for easy disposal.
There is no better mower than this Sun Joe model of a corded lawn mower. It is very easy to use as well as maintain. Besides, it comes with its own elaborated user manual that you can always refer to when you get lost.
It is also important to check the user manual, before starting to use this lawn mower, even if you are familiar with it. There might be some updates for efficacy when it comes to use and maintenance.
This corded electric lawn mower comes with a powerful and effective 12-Amp motor that enables it to cut grass seamlessly through a 15-inch wide path. It can take care of your small yard effortlessly, for a greener and well-manicured lawn.
Moreover, starting it is very easy. You simply plug it in and go. Its durable steel blade will precisely do the rest. For better control, you can adjust its height level, depending on the level of grass you are cuttings. This way you cover all bases of your yard without too much hassle.
Besides, it is known to deliver the power of a gas-powered lawn mower while still embodying the convenience of an electric lawn mower. It comes with a detachable rear bag or grass catcher for a quick and easy grass disposal after mowing.
TOP 3 FEATURES
- Easy Maintenance
This model is very easy to maintain. You can even go on mowing with it season after season, without any maintenance. It is a no oil, no gas or tune-ups kind of electric lawn mower.
- Adjustable Height
You can adjust its height up within its six-level positioning. The manual adjustments often range from 1.6, 1.2, 2, 2.5, 2.9, and 3.3 inches. This way you stay in control of the power tool at the right grass cut level.
This lawn mower provides a clean and healthy operation when it comes to using and even when stored. It will not produce any fumes, leak any oil or emit any carbon that can disturb the air.
Buying Guide for Corded Electric Lawn Mower
Buying a corded lawn mower is no easy task. You need to consider some key attributes before making your buy. You can do your research on some top considerations, but for now, we are here to help you with this corded electric lawn mower reviews.
- Total Lawn Area-You should consider the total area of your lawn before even considering the type of lawn mower to purchase. This way you buy a worthy product that can cover the space seamlessly without any problems.
- Consider Brand-A reputable brand can give you a top-quality product. Therefore, do your research and make a list, then pick your product. For instance, depending on your needs you can compare greenworks vs ego and so on until you find your perfect match.
- Motor Size-This is important as it determines how fast the blade will spin while mowing. This way you get the job done quickly. The Amps of electricity it takes to power it is what rates the motor size.The bigger the Amps the faster the machine, but you have to consider you mowing situation as small lawns tend to need 8-12 Amps while bigger yards can user 12 Amps of electricity or more.
- The widthof Cutting Deck-The wider the mowing deck, the less number of passes you will have to make while mowing. This can make you work faster and save time. So the wider it is the better, especially for larger yards but not so much for smaller lawns.
- Height Adjustment– It is also important you consider the number of height adjustments you can make with your lawnmower. This way you be in a position to mow different grass heights on different terrains, with ease.
- Discharge Capability-It is always beneficial to have various grass discharging options while mowing. So look for a model that can use either a rear discharge bag or mulch, as you cut the grass.
- Wheel Size and Type-This is important as it affects how smoothly your corded lawn mower goes through the grass as well as the traction you get. Softer rubber wheels are the best in terms of smooth runs and better traction. This is unlike the hard ones, which do not roll so well and have less traction.Moreover, the bigger the wheels the better for you, as it means that your mower can go over uneven and even ground. Therefore, the type and size of wheels often affect maneuverability. You can only move with it easily if the back wheels are a little bigger than the front wheels.
- Push vs. Self-Propelled-This depends on the grass on your lawn, as thicker weeds and grass could use a good self-propelled lawn mower. This way you save loads of energy. However, for small yards with thinner grass, you can use the push behind type. Besides, self-propelled mowers are often more costly than the push behind ones, so stay aware.
- Price-You should try to stick to your budget, after considering some of the key elements that you want your corded lawn mower to have. The higher the price, the better the quality of the lawn mower, but that does not mean that you cannot find an affordable quality product. You just have to do your research online and in stores, do not pick the first quality lawn mower you see.
Benefits of a Corded Electric Lawn Mower
There are loads of benefits when it comes to using a corded lawn mower. Here is a look at them:
- Environmentally Friendly-These types of lawn mowers are highly eco-friendly, as they do not use any gasoline or oil to operate. Besides, no gasoline can leak off it when in use or after use.
- Healthier-It is very healthy to run this type of mower, as it does not emit any gasoline combustion that can highly affect your lungs causing different kinds of respiratory ailments.
- Quiet Operation-Most of these powerful machines is very quiet when it comes to mowing. This means that you can mow any time you like, no disturbances to your neighbors.
- Powerful– Being a corded system does not make it less powerful. It is just as powerful as a gasoline-powered lawn mower
- Cost-Effective-It is very affordable to buy, use and maintain an electric lawn mower. This is because it does not use any gas, which can be costly. Moreover, it is very low maintenance since it can do without any tune-ups or oily parts that need constant lubrication. However, this does not mean that you leave your mower all dirty and unattended.
Reasons for Maintaining Your Corded Electric Lawn Mower
An electric lawnmower does not require loads of maintenance. Some can even work without being maintained. However, it is very important that you keep it in good shape.
Here are some few reasons as to why you need to maintain your electric lawn mower:
- Enhance Efficiency-A well-cared-for lawn mower can work quickly without any issues, saving you time and energy. While that one which is left uncared for can take time to even start leave, alone mowing which it can take ages to do. Moreover, it will not give you the best of results.
- Long Lasting– Maintaining your lawn mower can help keep it in good shape, for a long period. Besides, it will also give you the results you need within your lawn, without any hassles.
- Safety Purposes-The more you maintain and clean your corded lawn mower the safer it will be as everything will always be in place. This can prevent injuries for you and the people within.
- Saves Maintenance Costs-A properly cared for lawn mower can save you loads of repair and maintenance costs, as it means that it will not be damaged easily. Likewise, it can save you from purchasing a new one, which does not come cheap no matter the season.
Types of Lawn Mower
There are different kinds of lawn mowers and knowing them can help you make a wise purchase. Here they are:
These types of mowers often do the work of pushing themselves. You only have to guide it in terms of the direction of the grass cut. They are best suited for people with difficulty of pushing a lawnmower.
Besides, a self propelled lawn mower can work perfectly on hilly terrains, as its power is driven to all its wheels in a bid to provide optimum adhesive friction. They are often ideal for small to medium-sized lawns.
This type often starts but requires you to move it. You will do all the work from directing it to pushing it over different terrains. They work well on small and middle-sized lawns.
These are ideal for larger lawns. You will ride it as you direct it where to mow. Nonetheless, before you buy it, check for ease in movement when it comes to tight mowing locations.
You can also opt to buy a lawnmower with a mulching capability. This way you get to mulch your lawn as you mow.
Mulching often does not require any grass raking, as you get to leave all the clippings where they fall as fertilizer for the lawn. No grass catcher is required if you are using the mulching option.
If you opt for a lawnmower with a bagged option or mow with this option then you will get to collect loads of grass clippings in the grass catcher attached to its back, for use in your garden as compost. You can also use it anywhere that needs compost.
How to Use a Corded Electric Lawn Mower
A corded lawn mower is the most user-friendly and environmentally healthy lawn mower anyone can ever own. Here is how you can use it.
Step 1: Make sure that the grass on your lawn is dry, as the mower is electrically powered. Then check its cord and extension cord for any damages or bare wires.
Step 2: You can then plug it in the receptacle end of an extra-long and heavy-duty three-prong extension cord. Then proceed to plug the extension cord in a grounded power outlet on the exterior part of your home.
Step 3: Wheel your mower where you want to start mowing. Always start near the power source as you proceed further. You can plug the cord in your lawn mower and sling it over your shoulder for better manipulation. This way you keep it off the lawnmower path.
Step 4: Start cutting your grass steadily back and forth. Keep away from the power source. Make your movements across the slopes not up and down the slopes, to avoid any slips towards the corded lawn mower. This movement also prevents the mower from sliding backward over your feet.
Useful Tips on Electric Lawn Mower
Here are some useful tips you can make use of when cutting your grass with an electric lawn mower.
- You should never cut your grass when it is wet
- Do not mow with the afternoon heat. This is because it can be stressful to your body, the grass, and even your corded lawn mower.
- You should always make sure that your lawn mower’s blade is sharpened before the mowing season begins.
- Always try to vary your mowing pattern every time you mow, this way your lawn can grow evenly.
- When it comes to mowing shaded areas, always leave the grass a bit higher as it still needs to compete with other flora and fauna for nutrients, sunlight, and water.
In conclusion, you need to be well informed about corded lawn mowers from brands to functionality, use, and maintenance before you opt for this type. It can be overwhelming for one person to digest but with filtered research, you can buy a top-quality corded lawn mower at a reasonable price.
Therefore, if you want one, feel free to use this informative review to make your top pick when it comes to buying a corded lawn mower. The research is legit and not a marketing strategy. You can also check with family and friends. Otherwise, feel free to share this new found information.