Few things feel as satisfying as using solar energy to light up your home garden or backyard. Not only would you be helping to reduce the amount of energy your house consumes, but you will also save a few bucks over time. The only way to do this, however, is to install the best outdoor solar lights. Sadly, there are thousands of different models available. If you don’t know what to go for, you may end up with something that doesn’t work as expected.
To prevent that, we’ve assembled a list of the highest-quality solar lights for outdoor use. Whether you want them on your front garden, shed, greenhouse, or patio – you’ll find a light on this article that meets your standards in every way.
Want to learn more about them? Then check them out below!
10 Best Outdoor Solar Lights Reviews in 2022
|AmeriTop Super Bright Solar LED Lights||• Light Up Timer|
• Entirely Waterproof
• Versatile Mounting
|Billing Outdoor Solar Spotlights||• Next-Level Sturdiness|
• Long-Lasting Battery
• Versatile Installation
|Red Skull Tattoo Foot Switch Pedal||• Motion Detection|
• Effortless Installation
• High-Quality Battery
|LITOM Solar Lights Outdoor||• Super-Sturdy Build|
• Long-Lasting LED
• Fast-Charging Panel
|Book Motion Sensor Outdoor LED Solar Lights||• Super-Wide LED Bulb|
• Extra-Efficient Panel
• Resilient Construction
|Hikeren Waterproof Solar Lights||• Extra Efficiency|
• Wide-Angle Sensor
• Versatile Installation
|LOZAYI Outdoor Solar Lights||• Ultra-Handy Remote Control|
• High-Quality Shade
• Bright White Light
|NACINIC Solar Flood Lights Outdoor||• Ultra-Wide Lighting|
• Super-Efficient Battery
• Durable Build
|Neloodony Outdoor Solar Lights||• Super-Wide Illumination|
• Resilient Build
• Extra-Fast Charging
|COTON Solar Flood Lights Outdoor||• Extended Lifespan|
• Rotatable Design
• Effortless Installation
To find solar lights that didn’t disappoint in the slightest, we had to go through hundreds of them. But we successfully found quality models with tons of positive reviews and the best features any outdoor solar light could have. Here, we explain everything we discovered about each:
- Ultra Bright Outdoor Solar Lights - The AmeriTop solar security light with the three heads design, produce up to 1600lm 6000K high brightness output and good heat dissipation, which is far brighter than other similar LED solar lights. It is rechargeable by High Efficiency Solar Panel, reach full charge within a few hours. Compare with other solar panels, it still can obtain low current charging in the cloudy/rainy days or in areas where sunlight is insufficient.
- Larger Lighting Area - With the innovative wide angle and three heads design, Adjustable heads can move upwards, downwards and horizontally. Up to 180° wide sensing angle and 49ft sensing distance, Easy to adjust the light heads, lens hoods and motion sensor to different angle as your requirement. Lighting direction is adjustable with the three flexible light heads, save your trouble to install two extra light. No need for electricity, environment friendly product.
Engineered to surpass expectations for a reasonable price, the Super-Bright LED Light from AmeriTop doesn’t need an electrical connection to illuminate your entire backyard.
It starts with a 1600-lumen capacity. That’s enough to reach up to 49 feet of the total distance. Along with the 6000K color temperature, the light is sufficiently bright for any outdoor area. And what’s more, you can still enjoy the 180-degree illumination thanks to the adjustable light heads.
But because an outdoor light is not only about illumination, you can also expect this one to last a lifetime. The polycarbonate lens works with an ABS plastic case to provide exceptional durability. Even in the harshest environments, this light will work like a charm.
Lastly, it boasts a 15-feet cord that connects to the solar panel. You can place the light almost anywhere, far from the panel, with no problem.
Top 3 Features
- Light Up Timer
A motion sensor system works perfectly with the timer system. Adjustable to 30, 60, or 120 seconds, or completely automated – you can make it work as needed.
- Entirely Waterproof
An IP65 construction makes this light useful even in the moistest of environments – whether it rains a lot or receives too much sun.
- Versatile Mounting
The light comes ready for any type of installation, either on walls or ceilings. It requires little to no setup effort.
- Upgraded Solar Spotlights Outdoor 3000K warm white light, brighter than original 2700K warm white light.
- 💡Solar powered&Super Bright - Each solar spotlight is made of 12 LED Bulbs, will give a brighter light at dark than other 4 LED lights. With build-in light sensor, our solar light will automatically turn off and charge the battery during the day and turn on at night to light up your way. No more cables and electricity needed.
You don’t have to stick with typical-looking lights. Instead, you can get a set of spotlights ready to illuminate any part of your garden. The Billing Spotlights are precisely that.
Boasting 4 LED spotlights, this set allows you to illuminate super-large areas with no problems. More importantly, it can be used to light up paths or add up to a decorative yard.
Each spotlight comes with two lighting modes. One is the Low-Light Mode, offering 350 lumens per spotlight. Then you have the High-Light Mode that gets up to 700 lumens. And if you’re feeling like saving energy today, you can always turn them OFF.
Apart from all that, the light will automatically turn itself off when the sun appears. You won’t have to do any type of manual operation with this light.
Top 3 Features
- Next-Level Sturdiness
One exciting part of this light is the ABS resin case. It adds up to an IP67 construction that can handle the heaviest rains and even snow.
- Long-Lasting Battery
You can get up to 15 hours of consistent lighting in the low-light mode. At the highest brightness, this light can provide 10 hours with no problem.
- Versatile Installation
Being a spotlight, it works as a stake light that fits on your lawn or garden bed. But if you prefer, you can always transform it into a wall light.
- ☀【Ultra bright Outdoor Solar Motion Lights】Upgraded 100 pieces of high power LED beads with wide lighting angle of 120°, BAXIA TECHNOLOGY Solar motion sensor lights provide a excellent illumination of up to 2000 lumens, which light up your garden, patio, yard, driveway, pathway, stairs.
- ☀【30s On When Motion Detected】Built-in very sensitive PIR motion sensor which able sensing the motion within a range of 10-16ft and angle of 125°. When motion detected within this range, the motion light will light up automatically, And will restart a 30-second lasting if a new motion is detected during the time.【NO DIM MODE】
Boasting a 100-piece LED system, this pair of outdoor lights from BAXIA Technology is ready to brighten up any part of your house.
The quality LED bulb is bright enough to deliver 2,000 lumens. Whether it is a driveway, stairs, or garden, you’ll find this bulb sufficiently potent to tackle any place at home.
But it is not only the brightness it offers but a super-resilient construction. It doesn’t matter where you install it. An ABS construction with IP65 certification makes it resistant to any kind of environment.
Apart from that, it is one of the most efficient lights in the market. Thanks to a well-made lighting system, it consumes less electricity than similar designs. It is so efficient that you can make it last over 12 hours with just 8 hours of charging.
And because the lights are designed to be wall lights, they also boast a low-profile and beautiful design. Your house will be brighter at night, as well as more attractive.
Top 3 Features
- Motion Detection
A PIR sensor mounted on the light can detect motion up to 16 feet away at a 125-degree angle. Once it lights up automatically, it will last 30 seconds before turning off again.
- Effortless Installation
There’s no need to be an expert to install this light. Just use the screws it comes with and set it up on any wall at up to 13 feet of height for ideal illumination.
- High-Quality Battery
Thanks to a 2,600mAh Lithium battery, you can expect each light to last a lifetime. Not only that, but they make sure you get every second of light with no dimming.
When it comes to a practical operation, we found no other model with the LITOM LED wall lights’ functions.
Boasting 3 different modes, you can decide whether you want it at Medium brightness all the time, a consistent DIM mode that brightens up when it detects motion, or in Motion mode that only lights up when something moves.
Either way, the bulb is a 24-LED system, delivering 270-degree illumination that can light areas of up to 200 square feet. That’s enough for most outdoor walls, including walkways, driveways, and entrances.
Lastly, you get an excellent PIR motion sensor that detects movement up to 26 feet away. That’s a highly practical motion system to have.
Top 3 Features
- Super-Sturdy Build
A combination of ABS with polypropylene makes the entire light super-resistant, capable of withstanding a lot of heat and cold. It is also waterproof with an IP65 certification.
- Long-Lasting LED
Thanks to a high-quality LED system, you can expect the light to provide over 30,000 hours of lighting before wearing off.
- Fast-Charging Panel
Compared to other solar lights, the LITOM bulbs’ panel can charge in a couple of hours. It needs 25% less time to charge up than typical models.
- 1.Three Optional Modes 1.security mode(Motion sensor turns the light on and off automatically) 2.Permanent On all night(it turns on at night and stay all night.)3.Smart brightness control(the Light stays all night and turns brighter when it detects motion)
- 2.Sensitive PIR Motion Inductor: With upgraded Motion Sensor Detector and Greater PIR sensor can detects people up to 26 feet within angle of 120 agrees. 2200 mah rechargeable lithium-ion battery, brighter and more long-term
Designed to fit on any wall, walkway, or porch, the Motion-Sensor LED Lights from Aootek will light up the exterior of your home flawlessly.
It all starts with the PIR sensor. It detects motion at up to 26 feet in a 120-degree area. Along with 3 different modes, you can make it work however you prefer.
There’s a Security mode that turns on when it detects motion. You will also find the Permanent light that lights up when the night arrives. And lastly, there’s the Smart mode, delivering a dim light continuously until it detects motion when it brightens up.
Lastly, you can enjoy a highly long-lasting 2,200mAh battery. It is more than enough to light up the LED the entire night, even when the day was rainy and cloudy.
Top 3 Features
- Super-Wide LED Bulb
Other outdoor lights offer a maximum of 14 inches LED surface. The Aootek reaches 15.8 of the LED surface, delivering more brightness than the typical light.
- Extra-Efficient Panel
Offering over 5% higher conversion capacity than other panels, the monocrystalline silicon solar panel on this light will last longer and charge faster than other models.
- Resilient Construction
Thanks to an IP65 waterproof build, you can expect the light to withstand any situation. Whether under harsh rain or scorching sun, this light will last a lifetime.
Offering tons of efficiency and battery capacity, the Hikeren solar light enters the list as an excellent choice in almost every way.
It all starts with a 30-LED system. That’s enough to provide 400 lumens for a decently bright performance, lighting up spaces of over 50 square feet.
An enticing part of the light is the long cord. Boasting a 16.4-feet cable, you can install the solar panel far away and still let it fully charge the 4,400mAh battery in only 6 and a half hours.
Despite all of that, you still get an IP65 construction with ABS plastic and next-level polycrystalline solar panel resilience. Whether under heavy rain, scorching sun rays, or humid fall nights, the light will not break.
Top 3 Features
- Extra Efficiency
The polycrystalline panel absorbs 20% of all the sunlight it receives and converts it into energy for the battery.
- Wide-Angle Sensor
A quality motion sensor detects movement on a 180-degree area at up to 20 feet of distance from the light.
- Versatile Installation
Thanks to the long cord that connects the panel and the light, plus a practical mounting base, you can install the light almost in any wall, pillar, tree, or fence.
- 🌞 SOLAR POWERED & REMOTE CONTROL: Outdoor solar light,solar panel and light body are designed separately,ON/OFF switch,it's power supplied by sunlight in the daytime with solar panel and stores power for night,lighting with built-in lithium battery,high brightness 12 led,energy saving,freely adjust brightness and time, installation anywhere, and high safety. Charging in the daytime and turning on automatically in the dark.(Please turn the switch behind the solar panel to the ON position.)
- 🌞 CLASSIC INDUSTRIAL & MODERN STYLE: Solar lights is classic design with black retro metal shade,it casts a beautiful shadow on ceiling,lawn,hang on the branch,wooden stand,pole,eaves,sunshade,the pendant light also can be used indoors with 5 meters cable (from solar panel to the light), versatile and flexible to creates a pleasing ambiance.
Most outdoor lights are to be mounted directly on walls and ceilings. They turn on automatically once the night arrives. With the LOZAYI solar lights, you will have a lot more than that.
The light starts with a unique LED bulb that hangs from the ceiling. Connected directly with the solar panel, the cord boasts a 16-feet length so that you can mount it anywhere you want with no problem.
Another feature worth considering is the classic bulb design. A black shade with a retro style will match almost any place and decoration. And more importantly, it is a piece of cake to install either on ceilings, stands, poles, or even sunshades.
As for its power capacity, you get a 18650 Lithium battery. Alongside 4,400mAh of total capacity, you can expect the light over 16 hours in one charge. And despite this long-lasting battery, it only demands 7 hours of charging.
Lastly, you get 3 lighting modes of various intensities. And with the timing function, this light is undoubtedly not to dismiss.
Top 3 Features
- Ultra-Handy Remote Control
There’s probably nothing more convenient to have with an outdoor light than a remote control so you can operate it from afar.
- High-Quality Shade
The stainless-steel construction of the shade with ABS parts makes it more one of the most long-lasting lights on the list.
- Bright White Light
A 250-lumen capacity is more than enough to brighten up any space. Along with a 5,500 to 6,000K color, it becomes a bright white light to place on any place.
- ☀Ultra Bright Solar Lights Outdoor: NACINIC solar security light with triple rotatable heads design, 132 super bright LED beads and reflective light panel, can produce up to 1200lm 5500K high brightness output, far brighter than other similar LED solar lights. Our sensitive PIR motion inductor can detect motion up to 26 feet within angle of 120 degrees. Easily prevent thieves from entering your home at night and stealing your property.
- ♥Three Optional Lighting Modes: It detects light brightness and motion automatically. There are three optional lighting modes for your choice: 1.Security Mode (Our motion sensor light turns on for 30 seconds only when it detects movements) 2.Continuous On All Night (It turns on at night and stays dimly all night with or without detecting motion) 3.Dimmable Sensor Control (Our wireless motion light turns on in dim mode at night and brightens for 30 seconds when it detects motion)
Imagine covering a super-wide area without having to get several lights at once. This Flood Light from NACINIC offers that kind of experience.
It boasts a uniquely broad 132-LED set of bulbs. Together, they can reach up to 1,200 lumens. That’s more than enough to light up most places without a drawback. When you add the 5,500K color temperature, this light is sure to surpass your brightness expectations.
One feature we can’t overlook is the PIR motion sensor. Capable of detecting movement at up to 26 feet away at a 120-degree angle, it will add extra functionality to the whole light.
This sensor works perfectly with 3 different lighting modes. A security model that lights up when it detects motion, a continuous mode that never shuts off, and a dimmable mode that lights up softly at all times but brightens up at its max when it detects movement.
Whether it is extra safety or mere visibility, this outdoor light won’t let you down.
Top 3 Features
- Ultra-Wide Lighting
Thanks to its multi-head LED design; the light can brighten up areas at a 270-degree angle. For places that need higher coverage, this design comes like a charm.
- Super-Efficient Battery
Boasting a 18650 Li-Ion battery with 2,200mAh of power, you can expect over 12 hours of total illumination.
- Durable Build
An ABS plastic construction will keep the light safe from most outdoor danger. This build is sturdy enough to deliver an IP65 waterproof capacity.
- ☀☀【100 LED Ultra-Bright Solar Motion Lights Outdoor 】Our 4 packs of solar lights outdoor are equipped with 100 brighter LED beads each pack , which have higher brightness and longer service life. Neloodony solar outdoor lights have 2000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a high-efficient solar panel, energy conversion rate can reach 23%, only take 6-8 hours to be fully charged under direct sunlight.Effectively repels raccoons, skunks at night. Dog walks, walks at night, pet lighting.
- ♻️♻️【 High Efficiency & Eco-Friendly Solar Security Lights 】Our outdoor solar lights can stay illuminate for 8-10 hours. The motion sensor is sensitive to people, animals, and cars. If no activity is detected within 30s, the motion sensor outdoor lights will automatically turn off. If motion is continuously detected, the light will light up again for 30s, no dim mode, reduce battery consumption and extend the life of the solar sensor light. A thoughtful gift for family and friends.
Coming in a pack of 4 lights, the Neloodony set of lights is ready to illuminate the most extensive areas at home without a single problem.
First of all, they deliver an exceptional lighting capacity. Each lamp boasts 100 LEDs, enough to power up 2,000 lumens of total brightness. If you’re tired of lights that don’t illuminate more than a few feet around, this one will change that.
Then, you can enjoy the most straightforward installation. Being wholly wireless and coming with a super-handy design, setting these up won’t be a problem. You even get pillar-hinges and screws so you can mount it almost as soon as it is delivered to your home.
Finally, the light comes with a practical motion range. It can catch any movement in a 16-feet area with a 125-degree angle. If you want to keep your house protected at night, this feature won’t let you down.
Top 3 Features
- Super-Wide Illumination
Thanks to the 2,000 lumens and unique LED design, you can expect each light to up an area of up to 280 square feet.
- Resilient Build
Made ABS plastic and with an IP65 construction, every light on this set will last a lifetime. You can expect them to work neatly in any environment.
- Extra-Fast Charging
Thanks to an 8-watt solar panel, you can expect exceptional speed when charging. In just 6 hours of charging, the light will be ready to offer over 10 hours of illumination.
When you want to light up a large area at home but don’t want to spend a fortune on high-end lights, then you can always pick the CINOTON Flood Lights.
Being completely solar-powered, these lights will be a lot more efficient than any non-solar alternative you can think of. And it becomes even more real when you consider the 14 LEDs on each bulb, considering the light comes with two.
Apart from that, the battery can handle the 2,000mAh of power. Thanks to the 18650 Lithium battery, it will last several hours at night and those long and dark cloudy days.
And finally, the light is still ultra-practical with a motion sensor system. It can detect movement in a distance of up to 26 feet and an angle of 120 degrees. Nothing can pass in front of it without the light turning on.
Top 3 Features
- Extended Lifespan
Boasting an IP65 waterproof build that also resists extreme heat, the light manages to provide over 50,000 hours of total lighting before wearing out.
- Rotatable Design
With a 256-lumen lighting capacity, you’ll be glad to know the spotlight is entirely rotatable, offering a 360-degree swiveling design on each bulb.
- Effortless Installation
The light comes with all the hardware and instructions for the installation. Even if you haven’t installed one of these before, you’ll have no problem with this one.
How to Choose the Ideal Outdoor Solar Lights?
After looking at the best outdoor solar lights above, you may have a bit of confusion about which models to pick. We understand you are not sure which factors to consider and which ones to overlook. It’s normal.
That’s why the guide below may help you with that. Take a look and find them exactly what you need to know before picking:
When you start looking at outdoor lights, you’ll notice that they all offer different lumen (LM) ratings. What do these mean?
Well, it’s simple. Lumens are a measure of brightness. The more lumens a light offers, the brighter it is. This also affects overall reach and intensity.
Generally, for outdoor light, you’ll want at least 100 lumens. That should be enough to light up on a wall and provide decent visibility in a 20 square feet area.
But if you’re going for maximum brightness, then pick nothing less than 1,000 lumens. These are typically called flood or spotlights, capable of lighting up areas of up to 200 square feet.
A quality outdoor solar light needs a sufficiently capable battery. And that means getting the right type of battery as well as a large enough energy capacity.
Here, we typically recommend Lithium-Ion and NiMH batteries. These two can last over 2000 cycles, meaning over 30,000 total working hours or more than 5 years of full use.
Apart from the type of battery, consider the total capacity. We recommend a minimum of 2,000mAh for an 8-hour lighting capacity (this may change light intensity). If you’re going for maximum power, you may get solar lights with up to 5,000mAh.
- Solar Panel
The quality of a solar panel also has a lot to do with the light’s overall quality. There are various types you’ll find, like monocrystalline. Thanks to its efficiency and capacity to charge batteries faster, it is the best choice for solar panels.
But if you want something still reliable and cheaper, then polycrystalline or amorphous panels will do the job.
How much does the light take to recharge? This will also affect how efficient and practical it is. Generally, you’ll want a maximum of 8 hours of sunlight to charge up completely. However, you may find lights that charge faster.
Also, don’t overlook models that charge even when they don’t receive direct sunlight exposure. These can charge even when the sky is cloudy (will charge slower but will still do so).
- Color Temperature
If you’re installing the light on your house’s specific area, you will like it to have a particular color that fits that area. For example, a stake light on the driveway probably looks better if it is a bit yellow. In contrast, the one that lights up the deck is perhaps better in white.
Well, you can choose either color by considering the Kelvins (K). The standard range goes from 3,000K, which means yellow or warm, up to 6,000K, which means white or cold. If you pick anything below 3,000K, you will get orange to red. Above 6,000K will look bluish.
- Motion Sensor
A motion sensor is a practical addition to any outdoor light. This saves you the time and effort of turning it on. More importantly, it makes the light work as a security device by turning the light on when it detects movement at night.
But you don’t want just any type of sensor. Our best recommendation would be a PIR sensor. It is the most reliable of them all.
Still, consider the angle and distance of its coverage. For the angle, you should get at least 120-degree of coverage in front of the light. And for distance, the minimum should be 20 feet. Anything lower than any of these coverage measurements will be too little.
- Lighting Modes
What about the type of lighting the LED offers? There are tons to go for. But we generally recommend getting a light with a minimum of two modes.
One mode should be automatic, lighting all-night long. This is ideal if you don’t care about much more than just lighting up a particular area at home.
But suppose you’re looking for a certain kind of security or energy-saving performance. In that case, you may want to consider a motion-sensor mode. It will only turn on when it detects motion and turn on a few seconds later.
After considering the different lighting features, you may need to think about its durability.
Here, we recommend ABS, polypropylene, and polycarbonate as the best material to go for. They can handle harsh sun rays as well as any type of humidity. However, you may also consider stainless steel and cast-aluminum as more expensive alternatives.
It is not about the materials, though. One important factor would be the waterproof capacity. We typically recommend at least an IP67 certification. This will ensure resistance to mild rains and most humid environments. An IP55 waterproof build would be your best bet.
As soon as you go through these reviews of the best outdoor solar lights, you’ll realize how easy it is to pick one that fits even the highest standards.
There’s a solar light for any use. And if you consider our advice before picking, then you’ll have an even easier time choosing the right one.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to light up your home’s outdoors with one. You won’t regret bringing one of these solar lights home.